Life cycle recruiting, also known as full life cycle recruiting, is a comprehensive approach to talent acquisition that encompasses every stage of the hiring process, from the initial job requisition and hiring manager intake, all the way through to onboarding.
Who is life cycle recruitment applicable to?
Realistically, every hiring professional should take a full life cycle approach to recruiting. However, full cycle recruiting is most applicable to growing small and medium-sized companies. At such organizations, HR and Recruiting departments are not heavily siloed nor segmented, so hiring professionals act as de facto jack of all trades, playing a role in every aspect of the recruitment life cycle.
How do you know if you are a full cycle recruiter?
If you find yourself dealing with some of these common recruiting pain points… But seriously, if you manage some or all of the following tasks, then pat yourself on the back- you’re a bonafide full cycle recruiter, which is no easy task!
- -You work with hiring managers to create job descriptions
- -You are responsible for getting jobs posted out to job boards, social media, and employee referral programs
- -You screen resumes that come in
- -You schedule phone screens and interviews
- -You manage job and offer approvals
- -You disposition candidates that have been passed on
- -You are in charge of maintaining recruitment compliance related to EEOC and OFCCP
- –You monitor various recruitment metrics to evaluate hiring performance
- -You send out offer letters
The Steps Included in Full Life Cycle Recruiting
The reality is, hiring a new employee involves far more than posting a job description and interviewing some candidates. Recruiting is driven by an integrated, linear series of yes / no decision points that make up the recruitment lifecycle.
The steps of the life cycle recruiting process include:
Attract and Engage
- Completing a hiring manager intake and defining the ideal candidate profile
- Writing a job description that attracts the ideal candidate
- Posting the job description to appropriate job boards (internally and externally), social recruiting platforms, employee referrals programs, and the like
Manage and Interview
- Reviewing resumes and screening out applicants
- Scheduling and conducting phone screens
- Short-listing candidates
- Scheduling and managing in-person interviews
Offer and Onboard
- Selecting a final candidate
- Managing background checks, employment screens, and reference checks
- Making the offer
- Onboarding your new hire and getting their information into your current systems
Systems That Manage Full Cycle Recruiting
A lot of steps right? And a ton of responsibility. This is what makes full cycle recruiting so exciting. At the same time, however, it can become overwhelming, especially when one small team or just one individual is tasked with managing everything.
Luckily, there are systems available that can help you manage every stage of the recruitment life cycle. Recruiting and hiring software, commonly referred to as applicant tracking systems (ATS), provide a platform where full life cycle recruiting can be managed from one centralized place.
Here at Newton, we offer one such ATS. Built by recruiters, Newton comes with intuitive features and functionality that help you streamline and manage every stage of the recruiting process. And not to mention, it offers the best candidate experience on the market.
Top Features of Newton’s Applicant Tracking System:
- -Customizable, mobile-friendly online career pages and job applications
- -Automated, free postings to leading job board (LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.)
- -Searchable, centralized candidate database
- -Recruiting email templates (don’t waste another minute on those thank you emails!)
- –Interview scheduling assistant
- -Job and offer approvals
- -Advanced recruiting workflows
- –Digital offer letters
- -Integrated background checks, assessments, and pre-employment screens
- -Built-in EEOC and OFCCP
- –Comprehensive dashboards, reports, and analytics
Full Cycle Recruiting Minus the Full Cycle Headache
If you are a full cycle recruiter, or you practice full life cycle recruiting at your company, then we should connect. Newton’s applicant tracking system was built specifically for facilitating the stages of the recruitment lifecycle and comes with the workflows needed to effectively manage them.