Here’s a special offer for Newton Applicant Tracking Software customers: All Newton clients who attend this special webinar presented by Newton partner, ESR, can also receive a copy of the slides from the more in depth ESR ‘Client Only’ EEOC Compliance Guidance webinar. After registering for and attending “Practical Steps Employers Can Take to Comply with New EEOC Criminal Guidance” simply send an email to email@example.com to request a copy of the Clients Only slide presentation.
In the webinar ‘Practical Steps Employers Can Take to Comply with the New EEOC Criminal Guidance’, Attorney and safe hiring expert Lester Rosen, Founder and CEO of Employment Screening Resources (ESR) will present a webinar that will go beyond simply repeating the EEOC Guidance language and give “real world” examples and suggestions on what employers should do now to remain in compliance while performing criminal background checks.
Topics covered in the webinar by Rosen, author of ‘The Safe Hiring Manual,’ include
- Employment discrimination based on race and national origin, criminal records, and employer practices
- The differences between arrest and conviction records
- Disparate treatment and disparate impact analysis under Title VII
- Employer defenses the EEOC believes meet the “job related and consistent with business necessity” standard
- Compliance with other federal laws and/or regulations that conflict with Title VII
- State and local laws or regulations preempted by Title VII
- EEOC Guidance best practices for employers
- Links to EEOC Guidance materials and Q & A
Date: Thursday, June 14, 2012
Time: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM PDT