- Nearly 80% of all internet users are members of at least one social network (Neilsen: Sept, 2011 http://cn.nielsen. com/documents/Nielsen-Social-Media- Report_FINAL_090911.pdf)
- 25% of all American internet traffic is comprised of activity on Facebook (TechCrunch: Nov 19, 2010 http://techcrunch.com/2010/11/19/hitwise-facebook-accounts-for-1-in-4-page-views-in-the-u-s/)
- Facebook is the largest social network with nearly 1 billion registered users (Facebook: May 2012 http://newsroom.fb.com/content/default. aspx?NewsAreaId=22)
With Newton’s now hiring, you don’t need to be General Motors or Proctor and Gamble to take advantage of Facebook. Now Hiring by Newton is a “corporate” Facebook application that’s designed to get an employer’s Facebook efforts off the ground quickly. It’s free for all Newton customers and it completely integrates with Newton’s applicant tracking software
Here’s how Now Hiring works:
1. Your Facebook administrator will go to Facebook and download the Now Hiring Application.
2. Next, they will follow a couple of simple instructions that will let them fully customize the Now Hiring tab to fit your employers brand and identity. Now, just add a feed from Newton to pull of your open jobs and you’ve got a fully customizable job board on Facebook, the world’s largest social network.
3. Once the app is published, your recruiters can easily publish jobs to Facebook right from Newton with one click. It’s free.
4. Now that your jobs are on Facebook, applicants can easily apply to, share and like jobs on Facebook.
Listen, there’s no silver bullet when it comes to recruiting. But, creating awareness by allowing people to easily find your jobs where relevant job seekers spend time online will be a great part of your overall online recruiting strategy and with Newton it’s simple, smart and safe.